In the fateful year of 105 AC, queen Aemma's death prompted king Viserys to name his daughter Rhaenyra as his heir. In a lavish ceremony at King's Landing hundreds of lords swore to honor the king's will. In this same year, Lord Lyonel Strong was named master of laws and Ser Criston Cole joined the Kingsguard.
- King Viserys announces the court that Queen Aemma is with child.
- Lord Lyonel Strong comes to court his children Ser Harwin Strong, Larys Strong, and two maiden daughters.
- After officially declaring his daughter Rhaenyra as his heir, King Viserys I demands hundreds of lords and landed knights to do her obeisance and swear to defend her right of succession.
- Prince Daemon Targaryen retreats to Dragonstone in fury with his mistress, Mysaria.
- Ser Ryam Redwyne, Lord Commander of the Kingsguard, dies under unknown circumstances.
- Queen Aemma Arryn, late in the year due to complications of childbirth.
- Prince Baelon Targaryen, the newborn son of King Viserys and queen Aemma, survived his mother by only a day.
Titles and Appointments
- Ser Harrold Westerling is made new Lord Commander of the Kingsguard
- Ser Criston Cole is named to the Kingsguard, to replace Ser Ryam Redwyne.
- Lord Lyonel Strong is named as master of laws.
- Ser Harwin Strong is made a captain in the gold cloaks.
- Larys Strong joins the king's confessors.
- Rhaenyra Targaryen is named Princess of Dragonstone.