In 212 AC, in the riverlands some Blackfyre supporters, led by Lord Gormon Peake and Daemon I Blackfyre's eldest surviving son tried to take profit of the instability in the realm and ignite a Second Blackfyre Rebellion, which was cut short by Lord Brynden Rivers before it could truly begin. Meanwhile, in the westerlands, Tybolt Lannister, the Lord of Casterly Rock, was succeeded by his three-year old daughter Cerelle, while his brother Gerold became her regent. Meanwhile, across the narrow sea, Ser Aegor Rivers founded the Golden Company, which would grow out to become a most famous sellsword company.
- Lord Ambrose Butterwell marries a second wife, an unnamed daughter of Lord Frey, the older sister of Walder Frey.
- The Whitewalls Tourney is held to celebrate the marriage of Lord Ambrose Butterwell and his Frey bride.
- The Second Blackfyre Rebellion begins and ends.
- Daemon II Blackfyre, the second Blackfyre Pretender, is arrested and begins his captivity at the court of King Aerys I Targaryen.
- Lord Brynden Rivers gives the order to run Whitewalls to the ground.
- The Golden Company is formed by Ser Aegor Rivers and many exiles from the First Blackfyre Rebellion.
- Gormon Peake, Lord of Starpike, executed by the orders of the Hand of the King, Lord Brynden Rivers.
- Black Tommard Heddle, slain by Ser Duncan the Tall.
- Lord Tybolt Lannister, under suspicious circumstances.
Titles and Appointments
- Lord Frey wanted his daughter to give him a grandson before the end of the year: "I shall want a grandson before the year is out. Twins would suit me even better, so churn the butter well tonight, my sweet.".