Year 48 After the Conquest (48 AC) is a year in the Westerosi calendar, the 48th after Aegon's crowning in Oldtown that maesters and educated people use as a reference to date the years.
In 48 AC Maegor the Cruel's reign crumbled down, with widespread revolts against him. House Tully openly defied him joining outlaw Ser Joffrey Doggett, Septon Moon marched towards Oldtown followed by thousands of followers and supported by lords Rowan and Oakheart, and his nephew Jaehaerys Targaryen was proclaimed king with the support of Storm's End. Most of his supporters abandoned him, including his Hand Lord Celtigar and his Great Maester Benifer. His master of ships, two of his kingsguard and his own wife Rhaena deserted him and went over to Jaehaerys. Lords Hightower, Lannister and Arryn also joined Jaehaerys cause. With only a few lesser lords left supporting him, Maegor nonetheless made his battle plans but was found dead on the Iron Throne the next morning.
Jaehaerys I spent the remaining of the year restoring the relationships between the crown and the Faith. After the convenient death of Septon Moon, the young king was crowned and anointed at Oldtown.
- Queen Jeyne Westerling dies after going into labour three months early, delivering a malformed stillborn child.
- Tyanna of the Tower, killed by King Maegor I Targaryen. 
- King Maegor I Targaryen dies on the Iron Throne.
- Ser Owen Bush found dead and mutilated in King's Landing. 
- Ser Maladon Moore, executed by Jaehaerys I Targaryen.
- Ser Harrold Langward slain by Gyles Morrigen in trial by combat.
- Lord Rosby, drank hemlock.
- Septon Moon, stabbed at his own camp.
- Lorcas the Learned, after he foolishly attacked Oldtown.
- All of Maegors headsmen, gaolers and confessors for the crimes they committed under Maegor's reign.
Titles and Positions
- Prince Jaehaerys Targaryen is crowned as King Jaehaerys I Targaryen.
- Lord Rogar Baratheon is named Hand of the King and Protector of the Realm.
- Alyssa Velaryon is named Queen Regent.
- Benifer is reinstated as Grand Maester.
- Daemon Velaryon is named master of ships.
- Edwell Celtigar is named master of coin.
- Ser Gyles Morrigen is named to the Kingsguard as its Lord Commander.
- Ser Joffrey Doggett is named to the Kingsguard.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 The World of Ice & Fire, The Targaryen Kings: Maegor I.
- ↑ Fire & Blood, The Sons of the Dragon.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 The Sons of the Dragon.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 A Game of Thrones, Appendix.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 5.3 5.4 5.5 Fire & Blood, Prince into King - The Ascension of Jaehaerys I.