Amber is fossilized tree resin used for decoration.
The massive chairs of the Pureborn of Qarth are decorated with goldwork and studded with amber, onyx, lapis, and jade.
Amber can be found beyond the Wall.
The rainwood is known for its fur, wood, and amber. According to a semi-canon source, the castle of Amberly, seat of House Rogers, may be named for having large deposits of amber nearby.
Gold and amber flow from the Axe in the Qhoyne to Dagger Lake. The Forest of Qohor has silver, tin, and amber. Amber can also be found on Ib.
House Amber was a family of the north extinguished by the Kings of Winter.
Roro Uhoris sailed Cobblecat into the Shivering Sea to trade steel to the free folk for ivory, furs, amber, and obsidian.
A Clash of Kings
Tyrion Lannister compares the voice of Chataya to flowing amber.
Among the gifts brought by trader captains to Daenerys Targaryen in Qarth are amber and dragonglass from Asshai. Xaro Xhoan Daxos gives Daenerys a thousand miniature knights carved of amber, amethyst, beryl, jade, onyx, opal, and tourmaline, with armor of silver and gold.
A Storm of Swords
Daenerys compares the skin color of the people of Slaver's Bay to amber.
A Dance with Dragons
Among the tribute collected from the free folk passing through the Wall are amber pendants.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 A Clash of Kings, Chapter 40, Daenerys III.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 A Storm of Swords, Chapter 54, Davos V.
- ↑ A Storm of Swords, Chapter 73, Jon X.
- ↑ A Dance with Dragons, Prologue.
- ↑ The World of Ice & Fire, The Stormlands: The Men of the Stormlands.
- ↑ The Citadel. Heraldry: Houses from the Stormlands
- ↑ A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 14, Tyrion IV.
- ↑ The World of Ice & Fire, The Free Cities: Qohor.
- ↑ The World of Ice & Fire, Beyond the Free Cities: Ib.
- ↑ The World of Ice & Fire, The North: The Kings of Winter.
- ↑ A Clash of Kings, Chapter 15, Tyrion III.
- ↑ A Storm of Swords, Chapter 27, Daenerys III.
- ↑ A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 58, Jon XII.