|Culture||Northern mountain clans|
Brandon Norrey, called the Norrey, is the clan chief of House Norrey, one of the mountain clans in the north.
Appearance and Character
Brandon is wrinkled and slight of build, but sly-eyed and spry. He resembles an old fox clad in fur and iron. The bearded Brandon is half a head taller than Torghen Flint.
The Norrey believes in the old gods and distrusts free folk.
A Dance with Dragons
House Norrey gives aid to King Stannis Baratheon when the king marches to the northern mountains and then defeats Asha Greyjoy in the fight by Deepwood Motte. The Norrey is too old to go on campaign, but his son, Brandon the Younger, joins Stannis' march on Winterfell.
Brandon and twelve fighting men visit Castle Black for the wedding of Alys Karstark and Sigorn, the Magnar of Thenn. The Norrey also brings a wet nurse. Brandon is skeptical of the idea of Lord Commander Jon Snow to settle free folk south of the Wall.
Jon: We cannot pick and choose amongst the free folk, saying this one may pass, this one may not. Peace means peace for all.
Brandon: As well make peace with wolves and carrion crows.—Jon Snow and Brandon
- ↑ George R. R. Martin's A World of Ice and Fire, Brandon Norrey.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 42, The King's Prize.
- ↑ A Feast for Crows, Appendix.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 53, Jon XI.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 49, Jon X.
- ↑ A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 35, Jon VII.