Brass is a yellow alloy made of copper and zinc. It is often used for ornamentation due to its malleability and color similar to gold.
Brass can be used for masks, gongs, medallions, and bells. It can also be used as a link in a maester's chain, and to make Myrish eyes.
Grand Maester Pycelle has a brass link in his chain.
According to semi-canon sources, the arms of House Buckler depicts three brass buckles on blue.
Ser Myles Mooton is remembered as having been "bold as brass".
Daario Naharis owns a doublet with brass medallions in the shape of dandelions.
Jinglebell wears a crown and collar decorated with small brass bells.
A Clash of Kings
While Daenerys Targaryen visits the port of Qarth to seek passage west, she meets a brass-seller who tries to sell her a large polished platter of brass. However, she refuses due to its unreasonably high price (thirty honors). While the merchant persists and negotiates a lower price with Daenerys, Ser Jorah Mormont warns her that two strangers have been following them. They use their reflection in the metal to observe the fat brown man and the old man. In the end, Daenerys buys the platter for two honors but she is attacked by a Sorrowful Man before she can leave the brass-seller. The old man saves her, and in the confusion Jorah slams the platter on the fat brown man's head which leaves the metal dented.
A Storm of Swords
During the battle beneath the Wall, Jon Snow uses Maester Aemon's Myrish eye from atop the Wall to observe the camp of Mance Rayder.
A Dance with Dragons
The masks worn by the Brazen Beasts are made of brass.
After Dove is added to the Iron Fleet, Victarion Greyjoy pays the iron price by taking the brass-made Myrish eye from its captain.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 16, Daenerys III.
- ↑ A Storm of Swords, Chapter 27, Daenerys III.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 A Storm of Swords, Chapter 42, Daenerys IV.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 A Storm of Swords, Chapter 49, Catelyn VI.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 A Game of Thrones, Chapter 20, Eddard IV.
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 A Storm of Swords, Chapter 69, Jon IX.
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 63, Victarion I.
- ↑ The Citadel. Heraldry: Houses in the Stormlands
- ↑ A Feast for Crows, Chapter 14, Brienne III.
- ↑ A Clash of Kings, Chapter 63, Daenerys V.
- ↑ A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 30, Daenerys V.
- ↑ A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 55, The Queensguard.
- ↑ A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 59, The Discarded Knight.
- ↑ A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 68, The Dragontamer.