Dacey, by quickreaver © FFG
|Born||In 251–277 AC, Bear Island|
|Died||In 299 AC, the Twins|
- See also: Images of Dacey Mormont
At an age when most girls would receive dolls, Dacey was given a morningstar.
A Game of Thrones
Dacey rides south with her mother, Lady Maege Mormont, against the Lannisters with Robb Stark, with Dacey being numbered among Robb's battle companions and personal guards during the battle in the Whispering Wood.
A Storm of Swords
Dacey is among the northern nobles who march to the Twins to attend the wedding between Lord Edmure Tully and Roslin Frey, and then to recover Moat Cailin from the ironborn. En route she tells Catelyn Stark about the Mormont keep and Lynesse Hightower.
Dacey is one of the Robb's guards during the wedding feast at the Twins, and she dances with the king during the festivities. Edwyn Frey's refusal to dance with Dacey is one of the last signs of tension before the Freys turn on their guests in the Red Wedding. Dacey manages to fend off Ser Benfrey Frey, smashing a flagon of wine in his face, but she is killed when Ser Ryman Frey drives his longaxe into her belly.
A Feast for Crows
Benfrey is reported to have died from a wound received at the Red Wedding.
A Dance with Dragons
—Dacey to Catelyn Stark
- See the Dacey Mormont calculation.
- George R. R. Martin's A World of Ice and Fire, Dacey Mormont.
- A Game of Thrones, Chapter 63, Catelyn X.
- A Storm of Swords, Chapter 52, Arya XI.
- A Storm of Swords, Chapter 45, Catelyn V.
- A Storm of Swords, Chapter 51, Catelyn VII.
- A Feast for Crows, Appendix.
- A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 42, The King's Prize.