The Frozen Shore is a stretch of coastline that sits on the Bay of Ice beyond the Wall.
The ironborn of antiquity controlled the Sunset Sea from the Frozen Shore to the Arbor. Wildlings from the Frozen Shore have raided Bear Island.
Some accounts state gods of snow and ice are worshipped in the Frozen Shore.
During the reign of King Dorren Stark, Redwyn of the Night's Watch claimed he encountered giants and children of the forest while ranging from the Shadow Tower to Lorn Point.
Before Mance Rayder negotiated a peace, the men of the Frozen Shore fought with those of the ice-river clans.
A Storm of Swords
Mance Rayder, the King-beyond-the-Wall, tells Jon Snow that his cloak of black wool and scarlet silk was a gift from the wildling woman who patched him up. The scarlet silk was her grandmother's most prized possession, which she found in the wreck of a cog from Asshai off the Frozen Shore.
Men of the Frozen Shore are found in Mance's army as it attacks the Wall.
- ↑ A Storm of Swords, Map of the North
- ↑ The World of Ice & Fire, The Iron Islands.
- ↑ A Storm of Swords, Chapter 45, Catelyn V.
- ↑ The World of Ice & Fire, The wildlings.
- ↑ A Clash of Kings, Chapter 6, Jon I.
- ↑ The World of Ice & Fire, Ancient History: The Dawn Age.
- ↑ A Storm of Swords, Chapter 15, Jon II.
- ↑ A Storm of Swords, Chapter 7, Jon I.
- ↑ A Storm of Swords, Chapter 64, Jon VIII.