Garnet is a dark red gemstone.
Garnets are among the decorations on the maester's chain of Grand Maester Pycelle. Lord Ardrian Celtigar's mantle depicts crabs picked out in garnets. Stannis Baratheon has a belt studded with garnets and yellow topaz. Dagmer Cleftjaw has rings set with chunks of sapphire, garnet, and dragonglass.
Dunk found a chipped garnet in the possessions of Ser Arlan of Pennytree after the hedge knight passed away. Ser Steffon Fossoway clasped his cloak with an apple made of gold and garnets. After Ser Eustace Osgrey wed Rohanne Webber, Lady of Coldmoat, Eustace gave Duncan the Tall an ivory spider brooch with spotted clusters of crushed garnets on its back.
A Game of Thrones
A Clash of Kings
A Feast for Crows
A Dance with Dragons
Ramsay Bolton wears a garnet cut in the shape of a drop of blood in his ear. When he weds "Arya Stark" (Jeyne Poole) at Winterfell, Ramsay wears a black velvet doublet slashed with pink silk and glittering with garnet teardrops. The pink bride's cloak is also spattered with red garnets.
Tobho: ... cherrywood for the scabbards, bound in red leather and ornamented with a row of lion's-head studs in pure gold. Perhaps with garnets for the eyes ...
Tywin: Rubies. Garnets lack the fire.
- A Game of Thrones, Chapter 20, Eddard IV.
- A Clash of Kings, Prologue.
- A Clash of Kings, Chapter 31, Catelyn III.
- A Clash of Kings, Chapter 37, Theon III.
- A Clash of Kings, Chapter 27, Daenerys II.
- The Hedge Knight.
- The Sworn Sword.
- A Feast for Crows, Chapter 14, Brienne III.
- A Game of Thrones, Chapter 60, Jon VIII.
- A Clash of Kings, Chapter 26, Arya VI.
- A Feast for Crows, Chapter 29, The Reaver.
- A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 12, Reek I.
- A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 37, The Prince of Winterfell.
- A Storm of Swords, Chapter 32, Tyrion IV.