|Born||In or before 76 AC|
|Died||In 130 AC, Riverrun|
Grover Tully was the Lord of Riverrun, Lord Paramount of the Trident, and the head of House Tully during the late reign of King Jaehaerys I Targaryen, the reign of King Viserys I Targaryen and the civil war known as the Dance of the Dragons.
Lord Grover supported Prince Viserys Targaryen instead of Laenor Velaryon at the Great Council in 101 AC, favoring the rights of the male claimant. When Princess Rhaenyra Targaryen visited the Trident in 112 AC, a son of Lord Tully attempted to court the young princess, vying for her favor.
When the Dance of the Dragons broke out in 129 AC, Grover wanted to support King Aegon II Targaryen and the greens, but he was bedridden and too aged to act. His grandson and heir, Ser Elmo Tully, who preferred the claim of Princess Rhaenyra Targaryen, kept the Tully banners at Riverrun at the start of the war. Grover passed away soon after the Second Battle of Tumbleton and he was succeeded by Elmo. According to Mushroom, Grover died of apoplexy at his grandson's actions.
Behind the Scenes
- The World of Ice & Fire, The Riverlands: House Tully.
- See the Grover Tully calculation.
- Fire & Blood, The Dying of the Dragons - The Short, Sad Reign of Aegon II.
- The Rogue Prince.
- Fire & Blood, The Dying of the Dragons - A Son for a Son.
- Fire & Blood, Aftermath - The Hour of the Wolf.
- Fire & Blood, Heirs of the Dragon - A Question of Succession.