House Kenning of Kayce
|House Kenning of Kayce|
|Coat of arms||
Four sunbursts counterchanged on a quartered orange and black field|
(Quarterly tenné and sable, four suns-in-splendour counterchanged)
|Head||Lord Terrence Kenning|
The Kennings may have been landed knights at their origin and gained a lordly status at some time after the Dance of the Dragons, since their rulers have used the title Knight of Kayce in the past.
House Kenning of Kayce was founded by Herrock Kenning, an ironborn warrior from House Kenning of Harlaw. During the decline of the driftwood kings of the ironborn, Herrock the Whoreson used his horn as a signal for the whores of Kayce to open a postern gate, allowing his men to take the town for House Lannister, the Kings of the Rock.
A Clash of Kings
A Feast for Crows
A banner of House Kenning is among those gathered to escort the corpse of Tywin back to Casterly Rock from King's Landing. Ser Kennos of Kayce accompanies Ser Jaime Lannister in his campaign in the riverlands.
House Kenning of Kayce at the end of the third century
The known Kennings of Kayce during the timespan of the events described in A Song of Ice and Fire are:
- Herrock Kenning, the founder of the house.
- The Knight of Kayce, during the Dance of the Dragons.
- A Storm of Swords, Appendix.
- Fire & Blood, Under the Regents - The Voyage of Alyn Oakenfist.
- The World of Ice & Fire, The Iron Islands: Driftwood Crowns.
- A Clash of Kings, Chapter 38, Arya VIII.
- The Citadel. Heraldry: Houses in the Westerlands
- George R. R. Martin's A World of Ice and Fire, Kayce.
- George R. R. Martin's A World of Ice and Fire, Kennos.
- A Feast for Crows, Chapter 16, Jaime II.
- A Feast for Crows, Chapter 27, Jaime III.