House Lannister of Darry
|House Lannister of Darry|
|Coat of arms||
Quarterly, a gold lion on a red field; a black plowman on a brown field|
(Quarterly, first and fourth gules a lion rampant or (for Lannister), second and third tenné a plowman sable (for Darry))
|Head||Lady Amerei Frey|
|Title||Lady of Darry|
|Overlord||House Baelish (ADWD)|
|Founder||Lord Lancel Lannister|
House Lannister of Darry is a new noble house from Castle Darry in the riverlands, and a cadet branch of House Lannister of Casterly Rock. The new houses's sigil is the Lion of Lannister, gold on red, quartered with the Darry plowman.
A Clash of Kings
Ser Lancel Lannister is granted Castle Darry and its lands after the Battle of the Blackwater, as House Darry's child lord, Lyman Darry, died during the War of the Five Kings.
A Feast for Crows
Lancel is betrothed to Amerei Frey, daughter of Mariya Darry, per the alliance between House Lannister and House Frey. Mariya's younger sister, Jeyne Darry, is dismayed that the lordship was granted to Lancel rather than one of her own young sons. Despite the house's banners combining the sigils of Lannister and Darry, an idea of Kevan Lannister, the house functions more as a branch of the Freys due to their numbers and Lancel's disinterest in his lordly duties.
Harwyn Plumm leads some men to root out outlaws on the Darry lands, to little effect. Later Lyle Crakehall, charmed by Amerei, leaves Riverrun to conclude the campaign.
Lord Lancel renounces both lordship and marriage to join the Warrior's Sons.
House Lannister of Darry at the end of the third century
The known Lannisters of Darry during the timespan of the events described in A Song of Ice and Fire are:
- Ser Lancel Lannister, the new Lord of Darry, son of Ser Kevan Lannister. Forsook lands, title and wife to join the Warrior's Sons.
- Lady Amerei Frey, called "Gatehouse Ami", his wife.
- Lady Mariya Darry, Lady Amerei's mother.
- Marissa Frey, Lady Amerei's sister and Lady Mariya's daughter, a maid of three-and-ten.
- Ser Danwell Frey, Lady Amerei's uncle.
- Ser Arwood Frey, Lady Amerei's cousin.
- Ser Leslyn Haigh a half-uncle of Lady Amerei's, and his sons Ser Harys, and Ser Donnel, household knights all
- Maester Ottomore, counselor and healer.
- Ser Harwyn Plumm, called "Hardstone", commander of the Darry garrison.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 A Feast for Crows, Chapter 30, Jaime IV.
- ↑ A Clash of Kings, Chapter 65, Sansa VIII.
- ↑ A Feast for Crows, Chapter 44, Jaime VII.