|House Ryger of Willow Wood|
|Coat of arms||
A green weeping willow, on a white field|
(Argent, a willow-tree vert)
House Ryger of Willow Wood is a noble house from Willow Wood in the riverlands. It is one of the main houses sworn to House Tully. They blazon their arms with a weeping willow, green on white.
During Robert's Rebellion the Rygers defied their liege lord, Hoster Tully, and stayed loyal to King Aerys II Targaryen.
A Clash of Kings
Ser Robin Ryger is the captain of the guard at Riverrun.
A Storm of Swords
Tristan Ryger is listed among the friends and companions of Lord Edmure Tully.
A Feast for Crows
Even though they renewed their fealty to the Iron Throne, House Ryger's banners are noticeably absent from the rivermen force besieging Riverrun, according to Ser Jaime Lannister. After the surrender of Riverrun, Robin joins Ser Desmond Grell in setting off to join the Night's Watch.
House Ryger at the end of the third century
The known Rygers during the timespan of the events described in A Song of Ice and Fire are:
- Ser Robin Ryger, the captain of the guards at Riverrun.
With unspecified familiar relationship to the main branch of the house there is also:
- Tristan Ryger, a friend and companion of Edmure Tully.
- ↑ A Game of Thrones, Appendix.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 A Feast for Crows, Chapter 33, Jaime V.
- ↑ The Citadel. Heraldry: Houses in the Riverlands
- ↑ A Game of Thrones, Chapter 28, Catelyn V.
- ↑ A Clash of Kings, Chapter 7, Catelyn I.
- ↑ A Storm of Swords, Appendix.
- ↑ A Feast for Crows, Chapter 44, Jaime VII.