|House Sunderland of the Three Sisters|
|Coat of arms||
Three women's heads, white with black hair, on a barry wavy blue and green field|
(Barry wavy azure and vert, three women's heads argents, crined sable)
|Region||Vale of Arryn|
|Title||Lord of the Three Sisters|
House Sunderland of the Three Sisters rules the Three Sisters, three islands located in the Bite. They reside in Sisterton, although their castle has not been mentioned. The Sunderlands are sworn to House Arryn of the Eyrie.
While Aegon the Conqueror was invading the Seven Kingdoms, the Three Sisters rebelled against King Ronnel Arryn and named as their queen Marla Sunderland. After the Conquest, however, the Sistermen deposed Marla and her brother submitted to Aegon I.
Lord Sunderland led the Sistermen fighting for House Blackfyre during the First Blackfyre Rebellion in 196 AC. He attended the Whitewalls tourney in 212 AC that was to launch the Second Blackfyre Rebellion.
A Dance with Dragons
House Sunderland at the end of the third century
The only known Sunderlands during the timespan of the events described in A Song of Ice and Fire are:
- Queen Marla Sunderland, who ruled briefly during the War of Conquest before being deposed by her own people.
- Lord Sunderland, ruling during the Dance of the Dragons.
- Lord Sunderland, who participated in the First Blackfyre Rebellion and Whitewalls tourney.
- The Princess and the Queen.
- The Mystery Knight.
- The Citadel. Heraldry: Houses in the Vale
- The World of Ice & Fire, The Reign of the Dragons: The Conquest.
- The World of Ice & Fire, The Vale.
- A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 9, Davos I.
- Fire & Blood, Reign of the Dragon - The Wars of King Aegon I.
- Fire & Blood, The Dying of the Dragons - A Son for a Son.