|House Wynch of Iron Holt|
|Coat of arms||
A bloody moon on purple|
(Purpure, a moon proper tipped sanguine)
|Lord||Lord Waldon Wynch|
|Title||Lord of Iron Holt|
House Wynch of Iron Holt is a noble house from the island of Pyke in the Iron Islands. They are among the Greyjoys' principal bannermen. Their seat Iron Holt is on the other side of the island from the castle of Pyke, the seat of House Greyjoy.
Following the death of Lord Dalton Greyjoy, Alester Wynch and Gunthor Goodbrother held Faircastle as the Iron Islands fell into chaos. Gunthor eventually slew Alester in a quarrel over Lysa Farman.
A Clash of Kings
When Theon Greyjoy arrives at Pyke he sees a great number of longships, including the blood moon of the Wynches. When entering the great hall of Pyke, Theon sees some Wynches among the captains of his father, Lord Balon Greyjoy.
A Storm of Swords
A Feast for Crows
Tristifer Botley explains to Asha Greyjoy that Lord Waldon Wynch was the first man to recognize Euron Greyjoy as King of the Isles and the North. House Wynch were given half the lands of House Botley for supporting Euron.
House Wynch at the end of the third century
The known Wynches during the timespan of the events described in A Song of Ice and Fire are:
- Lord Waldon Wynch, Lord of Iron Holt.
With unspecified familiar relationship to him there are also:
- A Feast for Crows, Appendix.
- A Game of Thrones, Appendix.
- A Clash of Kings, Chapter 24, Theon II.
- A Clash of Kings, Chapter 11, Theon I.
- The Citadel. Heraldry: Houses in the Iron Islands
- Fire & Blood, The Lysene Spring and the End of Regency.
- A Storm of Swords, Chapter 69, Jon IX.
- A Feast for Crows, Chapter 11, The Kraken's Daughter.
- A Feast for Crows, Chapter 18, The Iron Captain.
- A Feast for Crows, Chapter 19, The Drowned Man.
- Fire & Blood, Under the Regents - The Voyage of Alyn Oakenfist.