|Died||In 300 AC, Haunted forest|
Clubfoot Karl is a ranger or steward of the Night's Watch.
Although Clubfoot Karl does not appear in the television adaptation Game of Thrones, the character Karl Tanner, played by Burn Gorman, is based on both Clubfoot Karl and Dirk.
Karl is a large man with a clubfoot.
A Storm of Swords
Clubfoot Karl is a member of the great ranging, the force that leaves Castle Black in search of the wildlings. One of the conspirators who intend to kill Lord Commander Jeor Mormont near the Fist of the First Men, Karl is to cut the tethers among the horse lines. Karl survives the fight at the Fist. After complaining about food provided by Craster and his wives, Karl supports Dirk during the mutiny at Craster's Keep.
A Feast for Crows
Karl remains at Craster's Keep after the betrayal, along with a few other former members of the Night's Watch.
A Dance With Dragons
Five surviving betrayers wander in the haunted forest, planning to head south over the Wall. However, the traitors are killed by Coldhands and his ravens. Summer, Bran Stark's direwolf, finds the bodies and eats parts of the meat. It is unknown if Karl is among them.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 A Storm of Swords, Prologue.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 A Dance with Dragons, Appendix.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 A Storm of Swords, Chapter 33, Samwell II.
- ↑ A Storm of Swords, Appendix.
- ↑ Halliday, Fergus (July 4, 2016). "15 Game Of Thrones Characters You Won't Find In The Books". Screen Rant. https://screenrant.com/game-of-thrones-characters-not-in-the-books/.
- ↑ A Feast for Crows, Appendix.
- ↑ A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 4, Bran I.