Kennos of Kayce
|Kennos of Kayce|
|Allegiance||House Kenning of Kayce|
Ser Kennos of Kayce is a knight in service to House Kenning of Kayce. Lord Terrence Kenning entrusts him with the Horn of Herrock, a warhorn passed down through the family as an heirloom.
Kennos is chunky.
A Storm of Swords
Kennos is seen training with other knights in the small inner yard of the Red Keep by Sansa Stark.
A Feast for Crows
Ser Jaime Lannister spots Ser Kennos riding at a quintain in the yard of the Red Keep. Kennos is part of the force that leaves King's Landing to end the siege of Riverrun under the command of Jaime. At the gates of King's Landing he urges Jaime to wear his golden hand and wave at the smallfolk. He blows the Horn of Herrock to announce the westermen's arrival at Harrenhal, Darry, and Riverrun. During the dinner held at Darry for Jaime, Kennos pulls a serving girl into his lap.
A Dance with Dragons
Kennos accompanies Jaime to the siege of Raventree. He recommends that they attack the holdfast at Pennytree.
Behind the scenes
George R. R. Martin named the character after his longtime friend Ken Keller, who grew up in the west coast of the United States and lives in Kansas City. George also dedicated the first volume of Wild Cards to Ken.
- ↑ George R. R. Martin's A World of Ice and Fire, Kennos.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 A Storm of Swords, Chapter 6, Sansa I.
- ↑ A Feast for Crows, Chapter 16, Jaime II.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 A Feast for Crows, Chapter 27, Jaime III.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 A Feast for Crows, Chapter 30, Jaime IV.
- ↑ A Feast for Crows, Chapter 33, Jaime V.
- ↑ A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 48, Jaime I.
- ↑ Ken Keller on his interactions with George R. R. Martin