Lord Darklyn (father of Jonquil Darke)
|Title||Lord of Duskendale|
|Died||In 50 AC or 51 AC|
Lord Darklyn was the Lord of Duskendale and the head of House Darklyn during the reign of kings Maegor I and Jaehaerys I Targaryen.
When the high lords of the realm began revolting against King Maegor I Targaryen in 48 AC, a score of lesser lords gathered at King's Landing at Maegor's command, including Lord Darklyn. However, their numbers were few and many soon lost heart. Shortly after, Maegor was found dead upon the Iron Throne and Prince Jaehaerys claimed his uncle's throne. In the chaos that followed Maegor's death, many lords fled the capital but Lord Darklyn remained. Along with Lord Jordan Towers and Lord Staunton, he yielded the Red Keep to Prince Jaehaerys, Princess Rhaena, and Princess Alysanne Targaryen. The three lords were sent to the black cells, but were eventually pardoned by King Jaehaerys I after surrendering some of their land and sending a son to court to serve as hostage.
In 50 AC, Lord Darklyn was among the lords who visited Jaehaerys at Dragonstone. This displeased Jaehaerys' Hand, Lord Rogar Baratheon, who referred to them as the "lords lickspittle".
Lord Darklyn died that same year or the one after, and he was succeeded as Lord of Duskendale by his son. It is unknown if it was the father or the son who hosted King Jaehaerys and Queen Alysanne Targaryen at Duskendale during their first royal progress in 51 AC. Lord Darklyn's bastard daughter, Jonquil Darke, was named the queen's sworn shield after an assassination attempt on Alysanne failed when the royal couple visited Jonquil's Pool at Maidenpool.
Lord Darklyn had at least one trueborn son[N 1] and a bastard daughter, Jonquil Darke. His relation to Ser Davos Darklyn, a member of Maegor I's Kingsguard, is unknown.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 In order to be welcomed back into the King's Peace by King Jaehaerys I Targaryen, Lord Darklyn is forced to send a son to court to serve as hostage in 48 AC (Fire & Blood, Prince into King - The Ascension of Jaehaerys I). By 51 AC, Lord Darklyn had died and was succeded by his son (Fire & Blood, Birth, Death and Betrayal Under King Jaehaerys I). It is unknown if the new Lord Darklyn and the hostage were the same individuals or not.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Fire & Blood, The Sons of the Dragon.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 Fire & Blood, Birth, Death and Betrayal Under King Jaehaerys I.
- ↑ Fire & Blood, The Ascension of Jaehaerys I.
- ↑ Fire & Blood, Prince into King - The Ascension of Jaehaerys I.
- ↑ Fire & Blood, A Surfeit of Rulers.