From A Wiki of Ice and Fire
(Redirected from Magisters)
Magister is a title held by wealthy and powerful individuals in some Free Cities. It is similar to the qhoran or Westerosi steward. They sometimes post Unsullied at their gates.
Powerful magisters in Pentos elect the Prince of Pentos and sometimes lend money. In Braavos, magisters participate in the election of the Sealord. While Lorath is nominally ruled by three princes, the city is truly ruled by a council of magisters. The magisterial council of Norvos is subservient to the bearded priests of that city. Conclaves of magisters rule Lys and Myr, and a similar group chooses the Archon of Tyrosh.
- The father of Tyanna of the Tower
- The host of Prince Daemon Targaryen and his wife, Lady Laena Velaryon during their stay in the city of Pentos in 115 AC and 116 AC. The twins princess Baela and Rhaena were born at his manse.
- Illyrio Mopatis
- Manolo, the namesake of the Magister Manolo.
- Bambarro Bazanne
- Torreo Haen
- Tigaro Moraqos
- Lysandro Rogare, who took the title of First Magister for Life.
Gluttons are greedy men as a rule, and magisters are devious.
- ↑ A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 33, Tyrion VIII.
- ↑ A Storm of Swords, Chapter 8, Daenerys I.
- ↑ A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 25, The Windblown.
- ↑ A Dance with Dragons, Epilogue.
- ↑ The World of Ice & Fire, The Free Cities: Braavos.
- ↑ The World of Ice & Fire, The Free Cities: Lorath.
- ↑ The World of Ice & Fire, The Free Cities: Norvos.
- ↑ The World of Ice & Fire, The Free Cities: The Quarrelsome Daughters: Myr, Lys, and Tyrosh.
- ↑ A Clash of Kings, Chapter 40, Daenerys III.