Lady Margaery Tyrell is the only daughter and youngest child of Lord Mace Tyrell and Lady Alerie Hightower. A beautiful young woman with thick, softly curling brown hair, and large, brown eyes, Margaery looks alike to her brother Loras. Margaery takes after her grandmother, Lady Olenna Redwyne, the Queen of Thornes. She is intelligent and shrewd, and trained by her grandmother to be capable of protecting herself from those who seek to use or abuse her. Her brother Loras and his lover, Renly Baratheon, wish to wed Margaery to King Robert I Baratheon, hoping her physical appearance is similar enough to Lyanna Stark's to convince Robert to set his wife, Queen Cersei Lannister, aside. Loras urges his father to send Margaery to court, but King Robert dies before this can happen. When Robert's youngest brother Renly proclaims himself king, Mace, aiming to make his daughter a queen, marries Margaery to the younger Baratheon.
However, Renly meets his end soon after. King Joffrey I Baratheon's small council wastes no time and sends an envoy to the Tyrells, offering a marriage between Joffrey and Margaery in return for the support of the Reach. Following the betrothal, Margaery arrives in King's Landing, where she soon wins not only the love of the smallfolk, but also the hatred of Queen Regent Cersei Lannister, who fears Margaery attempts to steal her son from her and usurp her power as queen. Margaery finds herself in a battle for the King's affection with Cersei, who soon begins to plot her downfall. Read more...
- "There is no creature on earth half so terrifying as a truly just man." – Varys 
- "Who knows more of gods than I? Horse gods and fire gods, gods made of gold with gemstone eyes, gods carved of cedar wood, gods chiseled into mountains, gods of empty air... I know them all. I have seen their peoples garland them with flowers, and shed the blood of goats and bulls and children in their names. And I have heard the prayers, in half a hundred tongues. Cure my withered leg, make the maiden love me, grant me a healthy son. Save me, succor me, make me wealthy... protect me! Protect me from mine enemies, protect me from the darkness, protect me from the crabs inside my belly, from the horselords, from the slavers, from the sellswords at my door. Protect me from the Silence." He laughed. "Godless? Why, Aeron, I am the godliest man ever to raise sail! You serve one god, Damphair, but I have served ten thousand. From Ib to Asshai, when men see my sails, they pray." – Euron "Crow's Eye" Greyjoy 
- "Better to mock the game than to play and lose." – Genna Lannister 
Did you know...
- The wealth of Tyrosh originates from a rare species of sea snails?
- ↑ A Game of Thrones, Chapter 58, Eddard XV, 556.
- ↑ A Feast for Crows, Chapter 18, The Iron Captain.
- ↑ A Feast for Crows, Chapter 33, Jaime V.
- ↑ The World of Ice & Fire, The Free Cities: The Quarrelsome Daughters: Myr, Lys, and Tyrosh.
- ↑ A Game of Thrones, Chapter 21, Tyrion III.
- ↑ A Feast for Crows, Chapter 35, Samwell IV.
- ↑ The World of Ice & Fire, Appendix: Targaryen Lineage.
About the Wiki
Eleven sister Wikis in Other Languages
Links to articles that are available in other languages are on left side on the page.
All pages can be edited and you are welcome to join us and contribute to this wiki.