From A Wiki of Ice and Fire
|Theories may be removed if ...|
The following pieces of information can be seen as evidence:
- Marei has green eyes and white-gold hair, which matches the common physical traits of members of House Lannister.
- Marei is said to have a solemn demeanor, matching Tywin's personality.
- Marei was born in or before 280 AC, which means that there is a good chance she was conceived during Tywin's tenure as Hand of the King, which lasted from 262 AC to 281 AC.
- A secret passageway leads from the brothel where Marei is employed to a stable three blocks underneath Rhaenys's Hill. According to Varys, the secret passageway was built on the orders of a Hand of the King "whose honor would not allow him to enter such a house openly". The name of the Hand is not specified by Varys, but several readers have suggested that this description could fit Tywin.
- When asked if Tywin had any bastard offspring, George R. R. Martin merely answered that "[Tywin]'d have you flogged for the mere suggestion."
- A Storm of Swords, Chapter 38, Tyrion V.
- A Game of Thrones, Chapter 5, Jon I.
- A Clash of Kings, Chapter 2, Sansa I.
- A Clash of Kings, Chapter 7, Catelyn I.
- The World of Ice & Fire, The Targaryen Kings: Aerys II.
- See the Marei calculation
- A Clash of Kings, Chapter 15, Tyrion III.
- So Spake Martin: Tywin, Oberyn, Gregor, The North, and Sansa (April 15, 2008).