Myranda Royce, by Vanessa Cole ©
|Allegiance||House Royce of the Gates of the Moon|
|Born||In 279 AC (roughly), Vale of Arryn|
|Father||Lord Nestor Royce|
Appearance and Character
A Storm of Swords
A Feast for Crows
Myranda ascends to the Eyrie with Mya Stone, to help Lord Robert Arryn descend to the Gates of the Moon. She enters a lively discussion with Alayne Stone, attempting to get information about her and her father Petyr Baelish, and saying that she and Alayne will be friends. She tells Alayne about the death of her first husband, and that her father tried to marry her to Harrold Hardyng, but was rebuffed by Harry's guardian Lady Anya Waynwood.
The Winds of Winter
|| Warning |
This information has thus far been released in a sample chapter for The Winds of Winter, and might therefore not be in finalized form. Keep in mind that the content as described below is still subject to change.
Myranda helps her father to host the tourney that will determine the first eight knights to join the Brotherhood of Winged Knights, an order newly founded by House Arryn. Along with Alayne Stone, Myranda welcomes the Waynwoods and Ser Harrold Hardyng when they arrive at the Gates for the tourney.
I do need another husband. I had one once, but I killed him.—Myranda, to Alayne Stone
Alayne: That must have been dreadful, my lady. Him dying. There, I mean, whilst... whilst he was...
Myranda: ...fucking me? It was disconcerting, certainly. Not to mention discourteous. He did not even have the common decency to plant a child in me. Old men have weak seed. So here I am, a widow, but scarce used.—Alayne Stone and Myranda
—Myranda, to Alayne Stone
- George R. R. Martin's A World of Ice and Fire, Myranda Royce.
- A Storm of Swords, Chapter 80, Sansa VII.
- See the Myranda Royce calculation.
- A Game of Thrones, Chapter 34, Catelyn VI.
- A Feast for Crows, Chapter 41, Alayne II.
- A Clash of Kings, Appendix.
- A Storm of Swords, Appendix.
- A Feast for Crows, Appendix.
- A Dance with Dragons, Appendix.
- The Winds of Winter, Alayne I
- A Feast for Crows, Chapter 4, Brienne I.