Nightsong is known for its Singing Towers.
Maester Yandel states the Carons have held Nightsong for many centuries and the castle guarded the western border of the domain of the Storm Kings of House Durrandon, but also that the Kingdom of the Reach once included the western marches from Horn Hill to Nightsong. Records indicate the castle has been besieged at least thirty-seven times in the last millenium.
Nightsong was burned by Lord Fowler in 10 AC during the First Dornish War. Ser Addam Hightower recovered the castle, only to find that Lord Caron and his family had been taken to Dorne as captives.
The Vulture King led one of his hosts of Dornishmen to attack Nightsong and Horn Hill. He failed to capture Nightsong, however, and while marching west was defeated by Lady Ellyn Caron, Lord Harmon Dondarrion, and Lord Samwell Tarly during the Vulture Hunt.
A Clash of Kings
A Dance with Dragons
- George R. R. Martin's A World of Ice and Fire, Nightsong.
- The Lands of Ice and Fire.
- A Game of Thrones RPG and Resource Book, Guardians of Order
- The World of Ice & Fire, The Stormlands.
- The World of Ice & Fire, The Reach.
- The World of Ice & Fire, The Stormlands: The Men of the Stormlands.
- The World of Ice & Fire, Dorne: Dorne Against the Dragons.
- Fire & Blood, The Sons of the Dragon.
- Fire & Blood, Birth, Death, and Betrayal Under King Jaehaerys I.
- Fire & Blood, Under the Regents - The Hooded Hand.
- A Clash of Kings, Chapter 65, Sansa VIII.
- A Dance with Dragons, Appendix.