Queensgate, once known as Snowgate, is an abandoned castle along the Wall. It was formerly manned by the Night's Watch but was abandoned as the Watch shrank. To the west lies Deep Lake and to the east Castle Black.
Six hundred years ago, the commanders of the Nightfort and Snowgate went to war with each other.
During Queen Alysanne Targaryen's visit with Silverwing to the Wall in 58 AC, Benton Glover escorted her from Castle Black past Snowgate to the Nightfort. Alysanne provided jewels to pay for the construction of Deep Lake, so Lothor Burley, Lord Commander of the Night's Watch, renamed Snowgate to Queensgate in her honor.
Queensgate was overwhelmed by three thousand wildlings led by Sylas the Grim in 133 AC. Lord Cregan Stark hunted down the wildlings with the aid of Flints, Glovers, Norreys, and rangers.
A Storm of Swords
Reports come to Castle Black that wildlings have been climbing near Queensgate.
A Dance with Dragons
Stannis Baratheon inspects the ruins of Oakenshield and Queensgate. Lord Commander Jon Snow gives Queensgate to Morna White Mask to garrison and settle her own people.
- ↑ A Storm of Swords, Map of Beyond the Wall
- ↑ A Storm of Swords, Chapter 55, Jon VII.
- ↑ A Storm of Swords, Chapter 41, Jon V.
- ↑ Fire & Blood, Jaehaerys and Alysanne - Their Triumphs and Tragedies.
- ↑ Fire & Blood, Under the Regents - War and Peace and Cattle Shows.
- ↑ A Storm of Swords, Chapter 48, Jon VI.
- ↑ A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 3, Jon I.
- ↑ A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 69, Jon XIII.