Ser Robin Ryger
|Born||In or between 238 AC and 240 AC (roughly)|
Ser Robin Ryger is a knight of House Ryger who serves as the captain of the guard at Riverrun.
Appearance and Character
Robin is big, bald, and old. He was known as a tenacious fighter in his prime.
A Game of Thrones
Having served years as Knight of the Gate, Ser Brynden Tully speaks with the captain of Riverrun's guards when he returns to the castle.
A Clash of Kings
Ser Robin brings Ser Cleos Frey to the Great Hall of Riverrun to hear Robb Stark's terms for his release and peace between the King in the North and King Joffrey I Baratheon.
A Storm of Swords
Robin is sent to re-capture Ser Jaime Lannister after Catelyn Stark sets him free, chasing after the Kingslayer in a river galley. After Robin refuses Jaime's offer of single combat, Brienne of Tarth, Jaime's protector, sinks Robin's ship with a rock in the Red Fork. Robin and his men return to Riverrun footweary and drenched.
A Feast for Crows
After the surrender of Riverrun, Robin and Ser Desmond Grell ask to join the Night's Watch. They are escorted to Maidenpool by Raff the Sweetling.
Jaime: Come to wish me godspeed, Ser Robin?
Robin: Come to take you back, Kingslayer.—Jaime Lannister and Robin
- ↑ See the Robin Ryger calculation.
- ↑ A Game of Thrones, Appendix.
- ↑ A Clash of Kings, Chapter 39, Catelyn V.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 A Storm of Swords, Chapter 1, Jaime I.
- ↑ A Game of Thrones, Chapter 71, Catelyn XI.
- ↑ A Clash of Kings, Chapter 7, Catelyn I.
- ↑ A Storm of Swords, Chapter 2, Catelyn I.
- ↑ A Feast for Crows, Chapter 44, Jaime VII.