|Title||Lord of the Rills|
A gold horse's head, eyes and mane red, on bronze within a black engrailed border|
(Bronze, a horse erased or orbed and maned gules within a bordure engrailed sable)
Rodrik Ryswell is the Lord of the Rills and the head of House Ryswell in the north. He has at least two daughters, Bethany who is deceased and Barbrey, the Lady of Barrowton, and three sons, Roger, Rickard, and Roose. Rodrik's personal coat of arms is an alteration of the Ryswell horse head, golden instead of black.
Upon the outbreak of Robert's Rebellion, Rodrik's daughter Barbrey gave the pride of Rodrik's herds, a red stallion, to her husband, Lord Willam Dustin, when he traveled south with Lord Eddard Stark. The stallion returned north, but Willam did not.
A Feast for Crows
A Dance with Dragons
Lord Ryswell, along with his sons and surviving daughter Barbrey, attends the wedding of Ramsay Bolton to "Arya Stark" (actually Jeyne Poole) in Winterfell. Theon sees Rodrik's gold horse head hanging on the walls of the Great Hall during the wedding feast.
- A Feast for Crows, Appendix.
- A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 32, Reek III.
- The appendices of A Feast for Crows and A Dance with Dragons list Roger, Rickard, and Roose as Rodrik's quarrelsome cousins, but the text of A Dance with Dragons specifies them as his sons in 20. Reek II and 32. Reek III.
- A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 41, The Turncloak.
- A Feast for Crows, Chapter 17, Cersei IV.
- A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 37, The Prince of Winterfell.