Shipbreaker Bay is a large bay in the stormlands along the eastern coast of Westeros. Rocky and frequented by storms, it is named after the large number of ships that have been destroyed in its waters.
Storm's End sits on Durran's Point on the northern shore of Shipbreaker Bay, while Griffin's Roost is on the western shore. South of the bay is Cape Wrath with the rainwood and Rain House. Tarth sits in the narrow sea east of Shipbreaker Bay, with Evenfall Hall situated along the bay on the western side of the isle. North of Shipbreaker Bay are the Straits of Tarth.
Storm's End lacks a safe anchorage because of wild waters and dangerous rocks in Shipbreaker Bay. Instead, the Storm Kings of House Durrandon kept fleets at Massey's Hook, Estermont, Tarth, or the Sea of Dorne.
A Clash of Kings
A Feast for Crows
Lords Mace Tyrell and Mathis Rowan besiege Storm's End, which still supports Stannis. Part of Lord Paxter Redwyne's fleet from the Arbor patrols Shipbreaker Bay to prevent the castle from being resupplied by sea.
References and Notes
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 A Clash of Kings, Prologue.
- ↑ The Lands of Ice and Fire, Westeros.
- ↑ A Dance with Dragons, Map of the South
- ↑ The World of Ice & Fire, The Stormlands: The Men of the Stormlands.
- ↑ The Princess and the Queen.
- ↑ A Clash of Kings, Chapter 58, Davos III.
- ↑ A Feast for Crows, Chapter 32, Cersei VII.