Street of Silk
The Street of Silk is a street of King's Landing located on the Hill of Rhaenys leading up to the Dragonpit by the west. The street is known for its brothels of varying expense, including Chataya's brothel, the Blue Pearl and Mother's.
Princess Viserra Targaryen visited the brothels of the Street of Silk with her companions for "one last night of laughter" before being sent to White Harbor and marry old Lord Theomore Manderly. She died later that night in a drunken horse race.
Prince Daemon Targaryen was a known patron of the brothels of the Street of Silk. He was in one of them when he referred his nephew as the "Heir for a day". Mushroom claims Daemon smuggled his niece, Princess Rhaenyra Targaryen, to go observe the sex workers. Daemon's paramour, Mysaria, was known to have been a dancing girl in King's Landing. She may have worked in one of the brothels of the Street of Silk.
According to Mushroom, Hugh Hammer celebrated his knighthood by visiting the brothels of the Street of Silk where he beaten to death one of Queen Rhaenyra's household knights after quarreling over the maidenhood of a virgin women.
According to the rumors of the Maiden's Day curse, the "three Jeynes" (Jeyne Smallwood, Jeyne Mooton and Jeyne Merryweather) visited the brothels along the Street of Silk. The following year, other rumors claimed Lady Larra Rogare also visited the brothels.
A Feast for Crows
After the murder of his father Lord Tywin Lannister, Jaime Lannister commands the Commander of the City Watch, Ser Addam Marbrand, to search for Tyrion everywhere in the capital including in the brothels of the Street of Silk.
Ser Arys Oakheart recalls that two of his fellow kingsguards, Ser Boros Blount and Ser Preston Greenfield, frequent the brothels of the Street of Silk despite their vows of chastity. According to Cersei Lannister, Septon Raynard is also known for frequenting the brothels of the Street of Silk.
- The Lands of Ice and Fire, King's Landing.
- A Feast for Crows, Chapter 8, Jaime I.
- A Feast for Crows, Chapter 36, Cersei VIII.
- A Storm of Swords, Chapter 38, Tyrion V.
- Fire & Blood, The Long Reign - Jaehaerys and Alysanne: Policy, Progeny, and Pain.
- Fire & Blood, Under the Regents - The Hooded Hand.
- Fire & Blood, Heirs of the Dragon - A Question of Succession.
- Fire & Blood, The Dying of the Dragons - A Son for a Son.
- Fire & Blood, The Dying of the Dragons - Rhaenyra Triumphant.
- Fire & Blood, Aftermath - The Hour of the Wolf.
- Fire & Blood, Under the Regents - War and Peace and Cattle Shows.
- Fire & Blood, The Lysene Spring and End of the Regency.
- A Feast for Crows, Chapter 13, The Soiled Knight.