Taena of Myr
Illustration by Eluas©
|Title||Lady of Longtable|
|Born||In 276 AC (roughly)|
|Spouse||Lord Orton Merryweather|
A Storm of Swords (appears)|
A Feast for Crows (appears)
A Dance with Dragons (mentioned)
- See also: Images of Taena Merryweather
Taena is a beautiful and shapely woman with black hair and large, dark eyes.
A Storm of Swords
Taena accompanies her husband, Lord Orton Merryweather, to King's Landing when Margaery Tyrell is betrothed to King Joffrey I Baratheon. She provocatively dances at the wedding feast of Sansa Stark. Sansa considers her a sultry black-eyed beauty.
Taena is called as a witness for the prosecution in the trial of Tyrion Lannister for the death of King Joffrey. She testifies that she saw Tyrion drop something into the wedding chalice during Joffrey's wedding feast.
A Feast for Crows
During the funeral of Lord Tywin Lannister, Taena catches the eye of Queen regent Cersei Lannister. She approaches Cersei during the wedding of Tommen I Baratheon and Margaery, confiding in Cersei and attempting to get into her good graces. She reveals that Cersei's maid Senelle is spying on her for Margaery. Taena allies herself with Cersei, feeding the queen information and sharing her bed on occasion. Taena admits that she had a secret lover, a Myrish captain with a scar on his face.
After Cersei's imprisonment by the Faith of the Seven, Taena and her husband abandon King's Landing and flee to Longtable. Cersei is relieved to learn from Qyburn of the Merryweathers' departure, since Taena is privy to much incriminating information, which could be used against her by her accusers of the newly zealous and militant Faith. Cersei assumes she need not fear that her former bedmaid and confidant would betray her under interrogation or torture.
The Myrish woman was too beautiful by half; long-legged and full-breasted, with smooth olive skin, ripe lips, huge dark eyes, and thick black hair that always looked as if she'd just come from bed. She even smells of sin, like some exotic lotus.—thoughts of Cersei Lannister
—thoughts of Jaime Lannister
- A Feast for Crows, Chapter 17, Cersei IV.
- See the Taena of Myr calculation.
- A Feast for Crows, Appendix.
- A Storm of Swords, Appendix.
- A Storm of Swords, Chapter 28, Sansa III.
- A Feast for Crows, Chapter 12, Cersei III.
- A Feast for Crows, Chapter 16, Jaime II.
- A Storm of Swords, Chapter 6, Sansa I.
- A Storm of Swords, Chapter 66, Tyrion IX.
- A Feast for Crows, Chapter 7, Cersei II.
- A Feast for Crows, Chapter 28, Cersei VI.
- A Feast for Crows, Chapter 39, Cersei IX.
- A Feast for Crows, Chapter 32, Cersei VII.
- A Feast for Crows, Chapter 43, Cersei X.