Tiles are small rectangular pieces of wood used in different games usually involving gambling.
A Game of Thrones
At Chataya's brothel, Heward plays a strip game of tiles against a buxom wench.
A Clash of Kings
Timett admits to Tyrion Lannister to cheat at a game of tiles against a wineseller's son in a gambling den on the Street of Silver.
Bran Stark plays a three-sided game of tiles with Meera and Jojen Reed.
A Storm of Swords
Sansa Stark plays tiles with Margaery Tyrell's cousins in the evening.
During their stay at Acorn Hall, Gendry and Lem play tiles with their hosts at night.
A Feast for Crows
Lazy Leo lost money at a game of tiles at the Checkered Hazard.
Samwell Tarly sees Meralyn and Xhondo Dhoru playing tiles when he enters the Happy Port.
A Dance with Dragons
Jon Snow sees four builders of the Night's Watch playing at tiles at a table when he enters the stone cellar below the armory of Castle Black.
Known tiles players
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 A Game of Thrones, Chapter 35, Eddard IX.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 A Clash of Kings, Chapter 8, Tyrion II.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 A Clash of Kings, Chapter 35, Bran V.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 4.4 A Storm of Swords, Chapter 16, Sansa II.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 A Storm of Swords, Chapter 22, Arya IV.
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 A Feast for Crows, Prologue.
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 7.2 A Feast for Crows, Chapter 26, Samwell III.
- ↑ A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 10, Jon III.