|Born||In 185–211 AC|
|Died||In 226 AC, Long Lake|
|Father||Lord Beron Stark|
|Mother||Lady Lorra Royce|
Willam first married Lyanne Glover and had one child with her, Brandon, but Lyanne died while giving birth to the boy. Nan came to Winterfell to be Brandon's wet nurse, but he died at age three of a summer chill. Willam then took Melantha Blackwood as his second wife, and together they had two children, Edwyle and Jocelyn Stark.
When Raymun Redbeard, the King-Beyond-the-Wall, went over the Wall, Lord Willam called his banners and marched with Lord Harmond Umber, with the northmen meeting the wildlings on the shores of Long Lake in 226 AC. Willam was killed and beheaded in the battle at Long Lake, but his younger brother, Artos, avenged him by slaying Raymun.
Willam was the second son of Lord Beron Stark and Lady Lorra Royce. He had one older brother, Lord Donnor, and five younger siblings, Artos, Berena, Alysanne, Errold and Rodrik Stark. Willam had three children—Brandon, Edwyle and Jocelyn Stark— with his two wives Lyanne Glover and Melantha Blackwood.
- The World of Ice & Fire, Appendix: Stark Lineage.
- See the Willam Stark calculation.
- asoiaf.westeros.org: The Wiki-Timeline Project v2 – Comment by Ran (March 15, 2020)
- A Game of Thrones, Chapter 24, Bran IV.
- A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 7, Jon II.
- The World of Ice & Fire, The North: The Lords of Winterfell.
- A Clash of Kings, Chapter 69, Bran VII.