Years before Aegon's Conquest
From A Wiki of Ice and Fire
(Redirected from 1436 BC)
- See also Years after Aegon's Conquest
This page is intended to draw a rough chronology of events in the world before Aegon's Conquest, an epoch event which maesters and educated people count years in relation to. George R. R. Martin has been vague in regard to some dates, so this chronology is often based on estimations according to key dates, character ages etc. For a more general overview of the history see the timeline of major events.
The maesters of the Citadel who keep the histories of Westeros have used Aegon's Conquest as their touchstone for the past three hundred years. Birth, deaths, battles, and other events are dated either AC (After the Conquest) or BC (Before the Conquest).
Year 1 Before the Conquest
- Aegon's Conquest ends after two years.
Year 2 Before the Conquest
- Harren the Black
- Argilac Durrandon
- Dickon Morrigen
- Bastard of Blackhaven
- Mern IX Gardener
- Edmund Gardener
- Gawen Gardener
- Armen Peake
- Daemon Velaryon
- Aegon Targaryen and his two Queens, Visenya and Rhaenys, begin their Wars of Conquest. They land with their three dragons on three hills close to the mouth of the Blackwater Rush.
- Aegon's Conquest begins.
- King Harren the Black completes the construction of his new seat, Harrenhal, on the day Aegon Targaryen lands in Westeros.
Titles and Positions
- Orys Baratheon is named Hand of the King.
- Daemon Velaryon is named master of ships.
- Crispian Celtigar is named master of coin.
- Tristan Massey is named master of laws.
Year 9 Before the Conquest
- The man who would later become a High Septon is born.
Year 14 Before the Conquest
Year 25 Before the Conquest
- The Red Death, a terrible plague, emerges from the slave pens of Gogossos and sweeps across the Isle of Tears and the remainder of the Basilisk Isles.
Year 27 Before the Conquest
- Aegon Targaryen is born on Dragonstone.
Year 29 Before the Conquest
- Visenya Targaryen is born on Dragonstone.
Year 37 Before the Conquest
- Sharra Arryn is born.
Year 47 Before the Conquest
- Nymor Martell is born.
Year 52 Before the Conquest
- The dragon Vhagar is born on Dragonstone.
Year 54 Before the Conquest
- Pater is born.
Year 102 Before the Conquest
- The Doom of Valyria occurs, leaving House Targaryen as the only remaining dragonlords.
Year 114 Before the Conquest
- Daenys Targaryen has a vision of the Doom of Valyria.
- House Targaryen flee to Dragonstone because of the vision of Daenys the Dreamer.
- Five dragons and four dragon eggs are brought to Dragonstone. One of these dragons is Balerion.
~Year 314 Before the Conquest
- The castle Dragonstone is build on the island with the same name, as the westernmost established outpost of the Valyrian Freehold.
~Year 400 Before the Conquest
- Ten year old Osric Stark is chosen as the Lord Commander of the Night's Watch and commands the Night's Watch for sixty years. Maester Balder serves the Night's Watch at Eastwatch-by-the-Sea, and writes the book The Edge of the World during Osric's sixty year rule.
~Year 700 Before the Conquest
- The Second Spice War, last of the wars in the Rhoynish Wars, is fought.
~Year 950 Before the Conquest
- The First Turtle War, first of the wars in the Rhoynish Wars, is fought.
Year 1436 Before the Conquest
- A sect of religious dissidents leave the Freehold to establish a temple upon the main isle of Lorath, creating the foundations for the Free City of Lorath.
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 1.12 The World of Ice & Fire, The Reign of the Dragons: The Conquest.
- ↑ A Game of Thrones, Chapter 60, Jon VIII.
- ↑ A Game of Thrones, Appendix.
- ↑ A Game of Thrones, Chapter 13, Tyrion II.
- ↑ Fire & Blood, Under the Regents - War and Peace and Cattle Shows.
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 6.2 So Spake Martin: Chicon 7 Reading (Sep 2, 2012)
- ↑ Full story of the Targaryen Conquest
- ↑ The World of Ice & Fire, Beyond the Free Cities: The Basilisk Isles.
- ↑ See the Visenya Targaryen calculation.
- ↑ George R. R. Martin's A World of Ice and Fire, Visenya Targaryen.
- ↑ See the calculation for: Sharra Arryn
- ↑ See the calculation for: Nymor Martell
- ↑ See the calculation for: Vhagar
- ↑ A Feast for Crows, Chapter 5, Samwell I.
- ↑ The World of Ice & Fire, The North: The Stoneborn of Skagos.
- ↑ 16.0 16.1 The World of Ice & Fire, Ancient History: Ten Thousand Ships.
- ↑ 17.0 17.1 See the Rhoynish Wars calculations
- ↑ The World of Ice & Fire, The Free Cities: Lorath.