Ashemark - by Alfred Khamidullin © Fantasy Flight Games
|Government||House Marbrand, feudal lord|
|Ruler||Lord Damon Marbrand|
|Religion||Faith of the Seven|
Ashemark is the castle of House Marbrand in the westerlands. Located in hilly terrain, the castle is situated southeast of the Crag, northwest of the Golden Tooth, and north of Sarsfield.
Rhaena Targaryen and her dragon, Dreamfyre, briefly stayed at Ashemark with the Marbrands in 51 AC. King Jaehaerys I Targaryen visited the castle in 55 AC.
A Clash of Kings
Willem Frey serves as a page at Ashemark.
During the War of the Five Kings, Robb Stark, the King in the North, defeats Ser Stafford Lannister at the Battle of Oxcross. Robb then takes Ashemark, along with other castles of the westermen.
Robb leaves Ashemark to march on the Crag. After learning that Storm's End has yielded to Stannis Baratheon, Catelyn Stark has Maester Vyman send a raven from Riverrun to Ashemark, hoping that a rider can then be sent to inform Robb.
A Storm of Swords
Abandoning castles taken in the westerlands, Robb returns to Riverrun.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 A Clash of Kings, Appendix.
- ↑ The Lands of Ice and Fire, Westeros.
- ↑ Fire & Blood, A Time of Testing - The Realm Remade.
- ↑ Fire & Blood, Jaehaerys and Alysanne - Their Triumphs and Tragedies.
- ↑ A Clash of Kings, Chapter 35, Bran V.
- ↑ A Clash of Kings, Chapter 45, Catelyn VI.
- ↑ A Storm of Swords, Chapter 19, Tyrion III.
- ↑ A Storm of Swords, Chapter 14, Catelyn II.