Bay of Ice
The Bay of Ice is a large bay along the shores of northwestern Westeros. It is bordered by the Frozen Shore to the north, the foothills of the northern mountains to the east, the wolfswood and Sea Dragon Point to the south, and the Sunset Sea to the west. Bear Island sits within the bay. The eastern extremity of the Bay of Ice reaches the Gorge near the Wall.
The Wulls hold animosity toward wildlings who have crossed the Wall to raid their lands, as well as toward sailors from the Iron Islands who have attacked the shores of the Bay of Ice. The ironborn have also historically fought northmen for control of Bear Island within the bay.
A Clash of Kings
A Feast for Crows
A Dance with Dragons
Fleeing Old Wyk after the election of her uncle Euron Crow's Eye, Asha returns to Deepwood with only four longships, including her own Black Wind, the Salty Wench of Quenton Greyjoy, and the ship of Tristifer Botley. Asha keeps two in the bay and beaches two on the strand by the wolfswood.
- The Lands of Ice and Fire, Westeros.
- George R. R. Martin's A World of Ice and Fire, Bay of Ice.
- A Dance with Dragons, Map of the North
- The Lands of Ice and Fire, Beyond the Wall.
- A Storm of Swords, Chapter 24, Bran II.
- A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 17, Jon IV.
- A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 35, Jon VII.
- The World of Ice & Fire, The North: The Mountain Clans.
- The World of Ice & Fire, The North: The Kings of Winter.
- The World of Ice & Fire, The Iron Islands.
- A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 42, The King's Prize.
- A Clash of Kings, Chapter 24, Theon II.
- The Lands of Ice and Fire, Journeys.
- A Clash of Kings, Chapter 56, Theon V.
- A Feast for Crows, Chapter 18, The Iron Captain.
- A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 26, The Wayward Bride.