The sigil of Rhaenyra Targaryen
Red Keep (briefly)
The black council was a version of the small council which advised Rhaenyra Targaryen during the Dance of the Dragons. Formed at the start of the civil war, the black council's main composition was:
- Queen Rhaenyra Targaryen
- Prince Daemon Targaryen
- Lord Corlys Velaryon
- Princess Rhaenys Targaryen
- Prince Jacaerys Velaryon
- Prince Lucerys Velaryon
- Prince Joffrey Velaryon
- Ser Erryk Cargyll
- Ser Lorent Marbrand
There were also a dozen lesser lords, bannermen and vassals of Dragonstone, including:
- Lord Bartimos Celtigar of Claw Isle
- Lord Staunton of Rook's Rest
- Lord Gormon Massey of Stonedance
- Lord Bar Emmon of Sharp Point
- Lord Gunthor Darklyn of Duskendale
- Lord Corlys Velaryon was named the Hand of the Queen.
- Maester Gerardys was named her Grand Maester.
- Lord Bartimos Celtigar was named master of coin.
- Ser Luthor Largent, the Commander of the City Watch.
- Ser Lorent Marbrand, the Lord Commander of the Queensguard.
- Ser Medrick Manderly, the heir to White Harbor, an advisor.
- Ser Torrhen Manderly, younger brother to Medrick, an advisor.
- Mysaria, an advisor and unofficially the mistress of whisperers.
—writings of Gyldayn