The Broken Arm, also known as the Broken Arm of Dorne, is a region in eastern Dorne where the Dornish peninsula juts into the narrow sea. East of the jagged coastline are the islands of the Stepstones.
According to legend, a land bridge called the Arm of Dorne once connected Westeros and Essos. The Broken Arm and the Stepstones were created when the Arm of Dorne was shattered by the Breaking, the usage of the hammer of the waters by the children of the forest.
During the coming of the Andals, Morgan Martell established House Martell between the Broken Arm and the Greenblood.
A Clash of Kings
Stannis Baratheon sends Dale Seaworth past the Broken Arm to spread word of his claim on the Iron Throne to the Dornishmen.
A Feast for Crows
Obara Sand claims the people of the Broken Arm are outraged at the death of her father, Prince Oberyn Martell.
A Dance with Dragons
Lord Paxter Redwyne leads the Redwyne fleet past the Broken Arm toward the Reach.
The Winds of Winter
|| Warning |
This information has thus far been released in a sample chapter for The Winds of Winter, and might therefore not be in finalized form. Keep in mind that the content as described below is still subject to change.
Krakens have been sighted attacking crippled galleys off the Broken Arm.
- ↑ George R. R. Martin's A World of Ice and Fire, Broken Arm.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 A Game of Thrones, Chapter 66, Bran VII.
- ↑ A Dance with Dragons, Map of the South
- ↑ The World of Ice & Fire, Dorne: The Breaking.
- ↑ The World of Ice & Fire, Dorne: The Andals Arrive.
- ↑ A Clash of Kings, Chapter 10, Davos I.
- ↑ A Feast for Crows, Chapter 2, The Captain Of Guards.
- ↑ A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 44, Jon IX.
- ↑ The Winds of Winter, Arianne I