Dale Seaworth. © FFG
|Title||Captain of the Wraith|
|Died||In 299 AC, Blackwater Rush|
Appearance and Character
Dale was married. He and his wife were praying for a child.
A Clash of Kings
During Melisandre's burning of the Dragonstone sept's statues of the Seven, Allard Seaworth quietly expresses his disapproval, and his brother Dale agrees with him. King Stannis Baratheon orders Dale to distribute a letter accusing Queen Cersei Lannister of an incestuous relationship with her brother, Ser Jaime, denying the legitimacy of her children and asserting Stannis's claim to the throne of the Seven Kingdoms. Dale is sent to travel south in Wraith, past Cape Wrath and the Broken Arm, all along the coast of Dorne as far as the Arbor.
Planning for the Battle of the Blackwater, King Stannis Baratheon's admiral, Lord High Captain Ser Imry Florent, assigns Davos Seaworth and his sons' ships a place in the second line of battle, on the dangerous starboard wing. While Allard voices his belief that it is a place of honor, Davos states it is a place of peril. Dale and his other sons look pityingly at him for his nervousness.
Dale battles on Wraith during the Battle of the Blackwater, fighting in the naval combat on the Blackwater Rush. During the fight, the Wraith is caught in an explosion of wildfire, destroying it and killing Dale.
A Storm of Swords
Davos, a survivor of the Battle of the Blackwater, remembers his four sons who died during the battle. He thinks that Dale and his wife will never have the child they had prayed for.
A Dance with Dragons
- A Storm of Swords, Chapter 5, Davos I.
- A Clash of Kings, Chapter 10, Davos I.
- A Storm of Swords, Chapter 54, Davos V.
- A Clash of Kings, Chapter 58, Davos III.
- A Storm of Swords, Chapter 10, Davos II.
- A Storm of Swords, Chapter 36, Davos IV.
- A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 9, Davos I.
- A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 15, Davos II.
- A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 19, Davos III.
- A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 29, Davos IV.