Ebrose illustrated by Scott Murphy © Fantasy Flight Games
|Title||Archmaester of healing|
|Played by||Jim Broadbent|
|TV series||Season 7|
Ebrose is the archmaester at the Citadel who tests novices seeking their link in the arts of healing. In the television adaptation Game of Thrones he is portrayed by Jim Broadbent.
Appearance and Character
The elderly Ebrose is kind and soft spoken. He awards links of silver to those who pass his exam. His ring, mask, and rod are made out of silver.
Ebrose has studied all known accounts of the "butterfly fever" of Naath and concluded that it is spread by a large black-and-white variety of butterflies with wings as big as a man's hand. Ebrose has also examined the accounts of dangerous diseases of Sothoryos. The archmaester praises the healthful qualities of mother's milk.
Ebrose informed Maester Yandel that Archmaester Edgerran allowed Yandel to be raised at the Citadel so that Edgerran could test theories involving infants.
Qyburn desired to surpass Ebrose as a healer, so he began opening the bodies of the living. Qyburn was thus expelled from the maesters for disobeying their rules.
A Feast for Crows
Ebrose has not yet deemed Pate worthy of a silver link, which is granted after studying healing. Ebrose is going to teach about the properties of urine.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 A Feast for Crows, Appendix.
- ↑ HBO.com Synopsis
- ↑ A Feast for Crows, Prologue.
- ↑ The World of Ice & Fire, Beyond the Free Cities: Naath.
- ↑ The World of Ice & Fire, Beyond the Free Cities: Sothoryos.
- ↑ A Feast for Crows, Chapter 23, Alayne I.
- ↑ The World of Ice & Fire, Preface.
- ↑ A Feast for Crows, Chapter 7, Cersei II.
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 A Feast for Crows, Prologue.
- ↑ A Game of Thrones, Chapter 41, Jon V.