Harrentown or Harrenton is a town located outside the western walls of Harrenhal in the riverlands. It lies on the northern shore of the Gods Eye.
Harrentown is named after Harren Hoare, the King of the Isles and the Rivers who constructed the great castle of Harrenhal at the Gods Eye.
The multitude of lords, retainers, and smallfolk who came to Harrenhal for the Great Council of 101 AC led to nearby Harrentown briefly being considered the fourth largest city of the Seven Kingdoms, behind only King's Landing, Oldtown, and Lannisport.
A Clash of Kings
Yoren is hopeful his Night's Watch recruits will be able to sail from a town on the southern shore of the Gods Eye north to Harrentown, where they can find new horses.
When Arya Stark is brought to Harrenhal by the Mountain's men during the War of the Five Kings, she sees the host of Lord Tywin Lannister encamped in the burned remnants of the town.
A Storm of Swords
When the Brave Companions bring Ser Jaime Lannister to Harrenhal, Jaime notices that the town outside the castle walls has been burned to ash and blackened stone.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 A Clash of Kings, Chapter 14, Arya IV.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Fire & Blood, Heirs of the Dragon - A Question of Succession.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 The World of Ice & Fire, The Targaryen Kings: Jaehaerys I.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 A Clash of Kings, Chapter 26, Arya VI.
- ↑ The World of Ice & Fire, The Reign of the Dragons: The Conquest.
- ↑ A Storm of Swords, Chapter 31, Jaime IV.