From A Wiki of Ice and Fire
|House Cafferen of Fawnton|
|Coat of arms||
Two white fawns counter salient, on a green field|
(Vert, two fawns counter-salient argent)
House Cafferen of Fawnton is a noble house from Fawnton in the stormlands, sworn to House Baratheon of Storm's End. They blazon their arms with two white fawns counter salient on green.
Lord Cafferen was originally a Targaryen loyalist during Robert's Rebellion. He was captured at the battles at Summerhall where Houses Fell and Grandison had intended to join their forces to his, but Lord Robert Baratheon beat them one by one. Lord Cafferen eventually came over to Robert's side, but was killed fighting for him at the battle of Ashford. Lord Randyll Tarly cut off his head and sent it to King Aerys II Targaryen.
House Cafferen at the end of the third century
The known Cafferens during the timespan of the events described in A Song of Ice and Fire are:
- No member has appeared yet.
- Ser Jon Cafferen, heir to Fawnton during the First Dornish War, who was gelded by the Wyl of Wyl during his wedding to Alys Oakheart.
- Lord Cafferen, who joined Lord Robert Baratheon's side after being defeated in the battles at Summerhall. Killed at the battle of Ashford.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 A Storm of Swords, Chapter 36, Davos IV.
- ↑ The Citadel. Heraldry: Houses in the Stormlands
- ↑ A Storm of Swords, Chapter 78, Samwell V.