From A Wiki of Ice and Fire
|Coat of arms||
A golden goose on bendy sinister black and red|
(Bendy sinister sable and gules, a goose Or)
|Died out||209–298 AC|
House Cargyll was a noble house from the Crownlands. According to semi-canon sources, the house blazoned its arms with a golden goose on bendy sinister black and red. The house is currently extinct, but was still in existence at the time of the Ashford Tourney.
Ser Arryk and his twin brother Ser Erryk Cargyll were famous members of the Kingsguard. They chose opposite sides during the Dance of the Dragons, with Arryk supporting Aegon II Targaryen and Erryk siding with Rhaenyra Targaryen. The twins slew one another during the civil war.
Ser Clarence Cargyll participated in the tourney at Ashford Meadow in 209 AC, his arms spotted by Ser Duncan the Tall among the gathered heraldry.
- Ser Arryk Cargyll, Errky's twin, a knight of the Kingsguard.
- Ser Erryk Cargyll, Arryk's twin, also a knight of the Kingsguard.
- Ser Clarence Cargyll, who participated in the tourney at Ashford Meadow.
- ↑ The Citadel. Heraldry: In the area of King's Landing
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 The Hedge Knight.
- ↑ The Princess and the Queen.
- ↑ A Game of Thrones, Chapter 8, Bran II.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 The Hedge Knight, Graphic Novel.