|Coat of arms||Per pale purple and white, two knights combatant with swords, counter-charged|
|Overlord||House Baratheon of Dragonstone|
A Clash of Kings
A Storm of Swords
A Feast for Crows
A Dance with Dragons
Ser Godry Farring is among the queen's men at Castle Black. He is nicknamed Giantslayer for having slain a giant during the battle beneath the Wall. Godry heckles Jon Snow in an attempt to provoke him into a duel, but Jon ignores him. Godry leads Stannis's vanguard during the march on Winterfell. Bryen dies during the march.
House Farring at the end of third century
The known Farrings during the timespan of the events described in A Song of Ice and Fire are:
- Ser Gilbert Farring, commander of the Storm's End garrison.
- Ser Godry Farring, his cousin. Called the Giantslayer.
With unspecified familiar relationship to the main branch there are also:
- The Citadel. Heraldry: the area of King's Landing
- A Storm of Swords, Epilogue.
- A Clash of Kings, Chapter 10, Davos I.
- A Storm of Swords, Chapter 36, Davos IV.
- A Feast for Crows, Chapter 24, Cersei V.
- A Feast for Crows, Appendix.
- A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 3, Jon I.
- A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 42, The King's Prize.
- A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 62, The Sacrifice.