|House Lydden of Deep Den|
|Coat of arms||
A white badger on a per pale green and brown field|
(Per pale vert and brunâtre, a badger argent)
|Head||Lord Lewys Lydden|
|Title||Lord of the Deep Den|
House Lydden of the Deep Den is one of the main noble houses of the westerlands. Their castle, Deep Den, is located on the Goldroad south of Hornvale and north of Silverhill.
Their banner is a white badger on per pale green and brown. Their motto has not been mentioned.
The Lyddens were Andal adventurers who settled in the westerlands. Ser Joffrey Lydden married into House Lannister and became the first Andal King of the Rock, ruling as King Joffrey Lannister.
A Game of Thrones
Tyrion Lannister acknowledges the badger of Lydden among his father Tywin Lannister's banners at the crossroads. Lord Tywin's disposition at the Battle of the Green Fork places the Lyddens, with the Leffords, the Serretts and three hundred heavy horse at the center, under the command of Ser Kevan Lannister.
A Clash of Kings
One of Lord Lewys Lydden's archers is hanged at Harrenhal by the command of Tywin, for having started a fight by taunting the Bloody Mummers over Lord Beric Dondarrion. The badger of House Lydden is spotted by Arya Stark among the banners of Tywin's army as it leaves Harrenhal.
Lewys is one of the great western lords honored at King's Landing after the Battle of the Blackwater.
A Feast for Crows
The banner of House Lydden is among those that gather to escort the corpse of Tywin back to Casterly Rock.
House Lydden at the end of the third century
The known Lyddens during the timespan of the events described in A Song of Ice and Fire are:
- Lewys Lydden, Lord of the Deep Den.
With unspecified familiar relationship to the main branch of the house:
- Jeyne Lydden, second wife of Stevron Frey, heir to Lord Walder, and mother to Aegon Frey and Maegelle Frey.
- Ser Joffrey Lydden, who became King Joffrey Lannister.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 A Clash of Kings, Appendix.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 The World of Ice & Fire, The Westerlands.
- ↑ The Lands of Ice and Fire, Westeros.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 A Game of Thrones, Chapter 56, Tyrion VII.
- ↑ The Citadel. Heraldry: Houses in the Westerlands
- ↑ A Game of Thrones, Chapter 62, Tyrion VIII.
- ↑ A Clash of Kings, Chapter 30, Arya VII.
- ↑ A Clash of Kings, Chapter 38, Arya VIII.
- ↑ A Clash of Kings, Chapter 65, Sansa VIII.
- ↑ A Feast for Crows, Chapter 16, Jaime II.