From A Wiki of Ice and Fire
|House Orkwood of Orkmont|
|Coat of arms||
Dark green pines strewn closely together on yellow|
(Or semé of pines vert)
|Head||Lord Alyn Orkwood|
House Orkwood of Orkmont is a noble house from the Iron Islands, with its seat on the island of Orkmont.
They blazon their arms as dark green pines strewn closely together on yellow.
King Rognar II Greyiron was brought down by an alliance which included the Orkwoods.
A Feast for Crows
The Orkwoods support Euron Greyjoy with twenty longships. Some Orkwoods gather to wish Victarion Greyjoy well on Old Wyk. Aeron Greyjoy spots the banners of House Orkwood among those gathered for the kingsmoot. Lord Alyn Orkwood, called Orkwood of Orkmont, supports Euron Greyjoy instead of Victarion during the kingsmoot.
House Orkwood at the end of the third century
The known Orkwoods during the timespan of the events described in A Song of Ice and Fire are:
- Lord Alyn Orkwood.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 A Dance with Dragons, Appendix.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 A Feast for Crows, Chapter 19, The Drowned Man.
- ↑ The Citadel. Heraldry: Houses on the Iron Islands
- ↑ The World of Ice & Fire, The Iron Kings.
- ↑ A Feast for Crows, Chapter 11, The Kraken's Daughter.
- ↑ A Feast for Crows, Chapter 18, The Iron Captain.