|House Sparr of Great Wyk|
|Coat of arms||
Oak saltire on blue|
(Azure, a saltire brunâtre)
House Sparr of Great Wyk is an ironborn noble house on the island of Great Wyk in the Iron Islands. Their lands are about six leagues from Hammerhorn. House Sparr's lord is known as the Sparr.
According to semi-canon sources House Sparr blazon their arms with oak saltire on blue.
A Clash of Kings
The Sparrs are among the bannermen of Balon Greyjoy that Theon Greyjoy sees in the halls of Pyke preparing for war.
A Feast for Crows
The Sparr and his son, Steffarion, bring news of the death of King Balon to his brother, Aeron Greyjoy. Two members of House Sparr meet Victarion Greyjoy on Old Wyk during the kingsmoot.
A Dance with Dragons
Rodrik Sparr presents the wizard Moqorro to Victarion Greyjoy.
House Sparr at the end of the third century
The known Sparrs during the timespan of the events described in A Song of Ice and Fire are:
- Lord Sparr, a hatchet-faced old man with watery eyes. Called the Sparr.
- Steffarion Sparr, his son.
With unspecified familiar relationship to the main branch there are also:
- Rodrik Sparr, captain of the Grief.
- ↑ The Citadel. Heraldry: On the Iron Islands
- ↑ A Clash of Kings, Chapter 24, Theon II.
- ↑ A Feast for Crows, Chapter 1, The Prophet.
- ↑ A Feast for Crows, Chapter 18, The Iron Captain.
- ↑ A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 56, The Iron Suitor, pp. 749-750.