From A Wiki of Ice and Fire
|House Vyrwel of Darkdell|
|Coat of arms||
A silver wyvern within a red double tressure on sable|
(Sable, a wyvern argent within a double tressure gules)
House Vyrwel of Darkdell is a noble house from Darkdell in the Reach. It is one of the principal houses sworn to House Tyrell.
According to semi-canon sources they blazon their arms with a silver wyvern within a red double tressure on sable. Their motto has not appeared yet.
Lord Vyrwel and his lady wife attended the Whitewalls Tourney in 212 AC. After the Second Blackfyre Rebellion was put down, a man in service to Lord Vyrwel claimed to have been one of the spies of Brynden Rivers. He was promptly killed by a knight in service to Lord Costayne.
House Vyrwel at the end of the third century
The known Vywels during the timespan of the events described in A Song of Ice and Fire are:
- Igon Vyrwel, captain of the guards at Highgarden.
- Lord Vyrwel, the head of the house during the reign of King Aerys I Targaryen.
- Lady Vyrwel, his wife.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 A Game of Thrones, Appendix.
- ↑ The Citadel. Heraldry: Houses in the Reach
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 The Mystery Knight.