Jade is a green mineral popular for ornamentation.
The Jade Gates separate the Jade Sea from the Summer Sea. Jade Compendium is a book about the lands of the Jade Sea. Only the god-emperor is allowed to wear the traditional gowns of cloth-of-gold, green pearls, and jade in Yi Ti.
The massive chairs of the Pureborn of Qarth are decorated with goldwork and studded with amber, onyx, lapis lazuli, and jade. A bronze arch in the city depicts two snakes mating, and their scales are made of delicate flakes of jade, obsidian, and lapis.
Within the Great Sept of Baelor, a chamber has carvings of the Seven with eyes of onyx, jade, malachite, and yellow moonstone.
The buttons on Salladhor Saan's coat are carved jade monkeys. Xaro Xhoan Daxos decorates his nose with rubies, opals, and flakes of jade, and he owns goblets of jade and gold. Leo Tyrell pins his half cape with a jade rose. Garin of the orphans wears a jade stud in his ear. Illyrio Mopatis has jade among his various rings. The beard of the merling king on the helm of Ser Marlon Manderly is decorated in jet and jade.
Squares on cyvasse boards can be made of jade, carnelian, and lapis lazuli, and game pieces can be made of ivory and jade.
Wildfire is also known as the jade demon.
The Jade Emperor was a legendary ruler of the Great Empire of the Dawn. The jade-green emperors were a dynasty in Yi Ti.
The High Septon presented Aenys I Targaryen with a golden crown inlaid in jade and pearl with the faces of the Seven.
House Velaryon became rich when Corlys Velaryon returned from the Jade Sea with jade, spice, and silk.
Prince Daemon Targaryen gave to Princess Rhaenyra Targaryen a jade tiara alleged to have belonged to the Empress of Leng.
Jade from Qarth was popular in King's Landing during the Lysene Spring.
Ser Eustace Osgrey owned an old silver cup which displayed the lion of House Osgrey in flakes of gold and jade.
A Game of Thrones
Daenerys Targaryen has a vision of ghosts with eyes of amethyst, jade, opal, and tourmaline.
A Clash of Kings
Renly Baratheon's crown is a ring of gold roses with a stag's head made of jade.
The Tourmaline Brotherhood gives Daenerys a dragon crown with three heads carved from ivory, jade, and onyx. Xaro Xhoan Daxos gives her a thousand miniature knights carved of amber, amethyst, beryl, jade, onyx, opal, and tourmaline, with armor of silver and gold.
A Storm of Swords
Ser Loras Tyrell, having joined the Kingsguard, clasps his cloak with a golden rose brooch with jade leaves.
Tyrion Lannister sends Alayaya a necklace of silver and jade and a pair of matching bracelets to make amends for the girl's beating by order of Cersei Lannister.
The seven-sided golden chalice given by Lord Mace Tyrell to King Joffrey I Baratheon has a blue jade falcon to represent House Arryn.
A Feast for Crows
Tiny beads of jade decorate the gown of young Ermesande Hayford.
Jade manticores are among the plundered items used by Euron Greyjoy to bribe ironborn.
A Dance with Dragons
Ser Jorah Mormont gives the widow of the waterfront a fan of thin jade leaves.
Among the tribute collected from the free folk passing through the Wall is a green jade comb.
We could sail to Qarth. The streets are paved with jade there, my brother always said.
- ↑ The World of Ice & Fire, Beyond the Free Cities: The Grasslands.
- ↑ A Feast for Crows, Chapter 5, Samwell I.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 The World of Ice & Fire, The Bones and Beyond: Yi Ti.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 A Clash of Kings, Chapter 40, Daenerys III.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 A Clash of Kings, Chapter 27, Daenerys II.
- ↑ A Feast for Crows, Chapter 43, Cersei X.
- ↑ A Clash of Kings, Chapter 10, Davos I.
- ↑ A Feast for Crows, Prologue.
- ↑ A Feast for Crows, Chapter 21, The Queenmaker.
- ↑ A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 1, Tyrion I.
- ↑ A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 19, Davos III.
- ↑ A Feast for Crows, Chapter 13, The Soiled Knight.
- ↑ A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 6, The Merchant's Man.
- ↑ A Storm of Swords, Chapter 5, Davos I.
- ↑ Fire & Blood, The Sons of the Dragon.
- ↑ Fire & Blood, The Long Reign - Jaehaerys and Alysanne - Policy, Progeny, and Pain.
- ↑ Fire & Blood, Heirs of the Dragon - A Question of Succession.
- ↑ Fire & Blood, The Lysene Spring and the End of Regency.
- ↑ The Sworn Sword.
- ↑ A Game of Thrones, Chapter 68, Daenerys IX.
- ↑ A Clash of Kings, Chapter 22, Catelyn II.
- ↑ A Storm of Swords, Chapter 6, Sansa I.
- ↑ A Storm of Swords, Chapter 12, Tyrion II.
- ↑ A Storm of Swords, Chapter 59, Sansa IV.
- ↑ A Feast for Crows, Chapter 27, Jaime III.
- ↑ A Feast for Crows, Chapter 29, The Reaver.
- ↑ A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 27, Tyrion VII.
- ↑ A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 58, Jon XII.
- ↑ A Dance with Dragons, Chapter 57, Tyrion XI.