Lord of Old Oak
Lord of Old Oak is a title held by the head of House Oakheart, the ruler of Old Oak in the Reach.
Lord Edgerran Oakheart is known for fighting the Dornish.
During Aegon's Conquest, Lord Oakheart led King Mern IX Gardener's left at the Field of Fire.
In 12 AC, during the First Dornish War, Lord Oakheart's daughter, Alys Oakheart, married Ser Jon Cafferen. At the wedding, the notorious Wyl of Wyl led attackers that slew Lord Oakheart and most of the guests. His successor proposed to King Aegon I Targaryen to send Princess Deria Martell to the meanest brothels of King's Landing, King Aegon rejected Lord Oakheart's proposition.
In 48 AC, Lords Torgen Oakheart and Rickard Rowan supported Septon Moon and marched with him towards Oldtown. When Moon was assassinated, Lord Torgen decamped the next day. The following year, Lord Torgen later attended the wedding of Rogar Baratheon and Alyssa Velaryon at King's Landing, where he met King Jaehaerys I, pronouncing him grim.
In 73 AC, Lord Oakheart held a tourney to celebrate the birth of a son, where Prince Baelon unhorsed Ser Denys, heir to Old Oak.
In 112 AC, Lord Oakheart hosted Princess Rhaenyra Targaryen during her royal progress in the south.
During the First Blackfyre Rebellion, Lord Oakheart tried to keep one foot in each camp.
A Clash of Kings
Lady Arwyn Oakheart follows Lord Mace Tyrell in raising her banners for Renly Baratheon and is part of his war councils.
A Storm of Swords
Lady Arwyn is rewarded with lesser tracts after the Battle of the Blackwater, though she is not present at King's Landing.
Known Lords and Ladies of Old Oak
- Lord Edgerran Oakheart, called the "Open-Handed", a war leader against the Dornish.
- Lord Oakheart, ruling during Aegon's Conquest.
- Lord Oakheart, killed at his daughter's wedding by Dornishmen in 12 AC.
- Lord Oakheart, his successor. He proposed to King Aegon I Targaryen to sell Princess Deria Martell to brothels.
- Lord Torgen Oakheart, who once protected Septon Moon, before bending the knee to Jaehaerys I.
- Lord Oakheart, ruling Old Oak in 73 AC.
- Lord Oakheart, ruling Old Oak in 112 AC.
- Lord Oakheart, who tried to keep one foot in each camp during the First Blackfyre Rebellion.
- Lady Arwyn Oakheart, the current Lady of Old Oak.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 A Game of Thrones, Appendix.
- ↑ A Clash of Kings, Appendix.
- ↑ A Storm of Swords, Appendix.
- ↑ A Feast for Crows, Appendix.
- ↑ A Dance with Dragons, Appendix.
- ↑ Fire & Blood, Reign of the Dragon - The Wars of King Aegon I.
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 A Feast for Crows, Chapter 13, The Soiled Knight.
- ↑ The World of Ice & Fire, The Reign of the Dragons: The Conquest.
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 9.2 9.3 Fire & Blood, Reign of the Dragon – The Wars of King Aegon I.
- ↑ 10.0 10.1 Fire & Blood, Prince into King – The Ascension of Jaehaerys I.
- ↑ Fire & Blood, The Year of the Three Brides – 49 AC.
- ↑ 12.0 12.1 Fire & Blood, Jaehaerys and Alysanne – Policy, Progeny, and Pain.
- ↑ 13.0 13.1 The Rogue Prince.
- ↑ Fire & Blood, Heirs of the Dragon – A Question of Succession.
- ↑ 15.0 15.1 The Sworn Sword.
- ↑ A Clash of Kings, Chapter 22, Catelyn II.
- ↑ A Storm of Swords, Chapter 21, Jaime III.
- ↑ The World of Ice & Fire, The Conquest.