Lord of Grassfield Keep
From A Wiki of Ice and Fire
Lord of Grassfield Keep is a title held by the head of House Meadows, the ruler of Grassfield Keep in the town of Grassy Vale in the Reach.
Lord Meadows had the command of King Maegor I Targaryen's army at the start of the Faith Militant uprising. He was killed in battle by Wat the Hewer in 42 AC.
A Clash of Kings
Lord Elwood Meadows is Ser Cortnay Penrose's second-in-command at Storm's End. After the death of Ser Cortnay, Elwood names himself as the new castellan and surrenders the castle to King Stannis Baratheon.
A Storm of Swords
Lord Elwood is confirmed as second-in-command by Stannis but the position of castellan of Storm's End is given to Ser Gilbert Farring.
A Dance with Dragons
Lord Elwood remains loyal to Stannis as the seneschal of Storm's End.
Known Lords of Grassfield Keep
- Lord Meadows, killed in 42 AC at the Battle at Stonebridge.
- Lord Elwood Meadows, the current Lord of Grassfield Keep.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 A Dance with Dragons, Appendix.
- ↑ George R. R. Martin's A World of Ice and Fire, Grassy Vale.
- ↑ The Sons of the Dragon.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Fire & Blood, The Sons of the Dragon.
- ↑ A Clash of Kings, Chapter 42, Davos II.
- ↑ A Clash of Kings, Chapter 45, Catelyn VI.
- ↑ A Storm of Swords, Appendix.