Lord of Hornvale
Lord of Hornvale is a title held by the head of House Brax, the ruler of Hornvale in the westerlands.
Lord Andros Brax once visited Riverrun attempting to arrange a marriage for one of his three sons to Catelyn or Lysa of House Tully, the daughters of Lord Hoster Tully, Lord Paramount of the Trident.
A Game of Thrones
At the start of the War of the Five Kings, Lord Andros supports King Joffrey Baratheon. He is part of the Lannister host commanded by Ser Jaime Lannister besieging Riverrun. He commands the western camp during the siege.
Lord Andros drowns in the Tumblestone during the Battle of the Camps after his raft overturns and the weight of his armor takes him under. His eldest son, Ser Tytos, becomes Lord of Hornvale after his death, but he spends the war in captivity at the Twins after his capture during the Battle in the Whispering Wood.
A Feast for Crows
Freed from his captivity, Lord Tytos comes to King's Landing to escort the corpse of Lord Tywin Lannister back to the Casterly Rock.
Known Lords of Hornvale
- Lord Andros Brax
- Lord Tytos Brax, Andros's eldest son, the current Lord of Hornvale.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 A Storm of Swords, Appendix.
- ↑ A Feast for Crows, Appendix.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 A Dance with Dragons, Appendix.
- ↑ The Lands of Ice and Fire, Westeros.
- ↑ A Clash of Kings, Chapter 45, Catelyn VI.
- ↑ A Game of Thrones, Chapter 69, Tyrion IX.
- ↑ A Feast for Crows, Chapter 16, Jaime II.